Saturday, March 27, 2010

Chairs: before and after

I took a couple of chairs to the consignment shop today but made sure to take pictures first. This little pink chair was a garage sale find and was pretty cute to start with, but it was a bubble-gum pink and I wanted to tone it down some. Okay, I wanted to tone it down a lot.

It got a coat of the creamy white I used on The Nasty Chair, then distressed it eeever so slightly.

Love how that pink peeps through the white.

The other chairs taken in were a pair I bought on Craigslist for $5 each.

Someone had done a good job of distressing them, but I think they overdid it a bit. They were both painted cream, one with a base coat of this weird green and the other navy blue.

First I painted on the same creamy white color...

... then Fate stepped in and helped me to mix the most wonderful Robin's Egg Blue paint I've ever seen. Seriously- I'm in love.

The distressing almost killed me because I didn't want to remove one tiny speck of that lovely blue.

But in the end I loved how they looked and almost cried when I drove home without them.

Okay, not really, but I am in love with this color. I want to paint every wood piece of furniture in my house this color. If this color was food I'd eat it with a spoon.

I'd paint myself this color if I thought I could pull it off. It's just so fresh and happy and Spring-y.
Unfortunately I only mixed a yogurt-sized container of this paint, so I'm going to take what I have left and get it color-matched for me at Home Depot next week. I bought an antique dresser on Craigslist (surprise, surprise) recently that is begging to have this color applied. And it will remain in my possession forever and ever and ever, and I will smile and sigh and hum "Zippety Doo Dah" every time I look at it.

2 comments:

eve said...

have i mentioned i love your blog?! this post had me smiling because i feel exactly the same way about that color. if i lived closer i would snap those up! and when my sewing room gets finished that is definately my wall color, i can't wait!
you have such great taste!

Unknown said...

Ok are you going to share the brand and shade this blue is? I need to know asap! Like right now ;)